- Designed and implemented a web applications platform enabling the migration of legacy pages under one tech stack. This change enabled the team to ship experiments and features up to 50% faster.
- Brought in new engineering processes including an RFCs process for major changes, tech debt tickets, demo sessions, and pair-programming sessions.
- Introduced tools such as Nx, react-testing-library for testing, Typescript, Cypress for E2E testing, Storybook for component development, increasing the team's productivity.
Beam is APAC's leading micromobility firm. Headquartered in Singapore, Beam operates over 30,000 vehicles across Australia, New Zealand, South Korea, and Malaysia.
- Led the development of the subscription feature bringing in ~10% of daily revenue. Collaborated with product managers, designers and developers to drive the project from RFC stage to completion.
- Created a library of re-usable components using styled-components cutting down UI development time and reducing rework by up-to 50%. Utilized this library to overhaul the look and feel of the UI successfully in two weeks.
- Introduced new technologies to the frontend stack including TypeScript, MapboxGL, React hooks, React Testing Library to the organization improving developer efficiency and happiness
- Developed a complex Angular client for a planning and scheduling optimization application
- Created and maintained a complete suite of automated tests using Selenium
- Implemented lazy loaded modules for the single page application making it load 20% faster
- Assisted the onboarding process of new engineers into the team
- Re-built major components of the internet booking system with AngularJS and associated technologies
- Delivered an Ionic mobile application that has over 4.5/5 ratings on Play Store utilizing the same code base
- Produced a mobile website with theming support in less than a month through effective code re-use
- Developed applications for the Windows 8 Metro and Windows Phone 8 platforms
Completed BSc. In Management and Information Technology (Sp. Information Technology) with a GPA of 3.85/4.0
Completed British Computing Society (BCS) Higher Educational Qualifications Professional Graduate Diploma(PGD).
Languages and Technologies
- Backend Development: Firebase, NodeJS/ Express.js
- Other Tools & Technologies: Git/GitHub, Figma, AWS, CI/CD, Cypress, Selenium, Jest, Nx
- Contributed to the MedicinesforLK project - A web application to connect donors and recipients of medicines in Sri Lanka
- Created a GTFS-RT Validator as part of Google Summer of Code 2015 - Built a validator for General Transit Feed Real-Time Specifications
- Participated in hackathons: Second runners-up of TadHack 2017, Winners of HackaDev 2015, LAN Hack 2015 Top 5 Teams